“Enjoy the little things.” ~Zombieland Rule #32
You might wonder how a zombie movie could inspire such a profound saying…but it can. “Enjoy the little things” is one of the many great “rules” of Zombieland—and of life. (My favorite Zombileland rule is rule #1: CARDIO – so you can outrun the zombies).
Bills, projects and chores can wait. We only live once, and it truly is the little things that matter:
- Having a moment of tea or coffee in the SUN.
- Cuddling with your child (or someone equally as good).
- A great piece of European CHOCOLATE.
- A sip of a fine WINE.
- Warm feet on a COLD morning.
- The Sunday PAPER.
- A HOT, HOT shower after a long day.
- Your favorite SONG sung really loudly.
Moments. Occasions. Thoughts. Feelings. Being alive. And well.
(PS. That cat enjoying the sun spot in the photo? My kitty MISHA – Misha with the mustache. She lived until she was almost 20 years old, laying in the sun, purring, sitting on my head – don’t ask, sleeping on my chest, and watching me bathe. Misha truly knew how to enjoy the little things.)